I had quite high expectations for May but let’s face it – it’s been chilly!
I’m still layering, the duvet is still out for the evening sofa sessions – and I’m still craving warming comfort food!
So since its been so chilly – and you can’t beat a good chilli – I thought I would share my super simple and delicious Black Bean And Butternut Squash Chilli.
Black beans are full of fibre and their high nutritional content make them an excellent choice of food to protect your heart, prevent colon cancer and prevent DNA damage and gene mutation.
Butternut Squash is a good source of vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate and magnanese.
You will need..
- 1 tin of black beans 400g
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 400g
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika (must be smoked as it gives it the edge!)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp of rosemary
- 500g of diced butternut squash
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- When it comes to chilli I add one tsp of chilli paste but everyone has different taste buds so I will leave it up to you how hot you like it!
- Heat the oil in the pan and cook the garlic and onion for around 5 min the add the chilli paste, smoked paprika and cinnamon and cook for another 2min stirring in all the ingredients.
- Add the stock, tin of tomatoes, rosemary and bring to the boil.
- Then reduce to a medium heat add the butternut squash and beans, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 20 -30min, until the squash is tender and the sauce has thickened. Stir in the cider vinegar.
- Serve with rice or eat on its own with some crusty bread + some rocket or coriander for garnish.
I hope you enjoy it, please let me know